- We, Rustiq Proprietary Limited, a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa with registration number with registration number 2016/456804/07 and whose registered office is at 44 Hamilton Avenue, Craighall Park, Randburg, Gauteng, 2196 are the "responsible party" for purposes of applicable data protection legislation in respect of all Personal Information you submit to us via the website www.rustiq.co.za ("Website") and/or in any correspondence and/or communication with us. Please see paragraph 5 below as it deals with Personal Information you submit to third parties.
- We provide Goods via an online shopping platform and certain content and forums on the Website.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- When you visit the Website, we may collect certain information that is not Personal Information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (see paragraph 1 below), operating system, browser type, and Internet service provider. This type of information does not identify you personally.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of, purchasing and paying for Goods and posting material;
- Information that we may ask you for if you enter any competition or promotion featured on our Website or if you report a problem with our Website and/or the Goods;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of any contract you enter into with us; and
- Details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
- We may also collect information (which may include Personal Information) that our users provide, such as new or deleted postings, new or deleted comments and keyword searches.
- We use a third-party payment processor / service provider for purchases, and other third party companies to monitor Website traffic, which may, in some instances, store your information, including the Personal Information you submit to such third parties.
- By using this Website, you consent to collection, storage, and use of the Personal Information you provide whilst using the Website and you consent to our collection of any changes or updates that you may provide to any information you provide and that is collected by us.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will do our best to protect your Personal Information, and we will use technology that will help us to do this, however, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of your information to our Website is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
COOKIES AND IP ADDRESSES
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Cookies enable us to:
- estimate our Website's audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, which allows us to customize the Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Website.
- We make use of a third-party payment processor / service provider to process purchases you make. In addition, the Website may occasionally contain links to Third-Party Websites. If you click on the links to Third-Party Websites, you leave the Website. We are not responsible for the content of these Third-Party Websites or for the security of your Personal Information when you use the Third Party Websites. These third-party payment processors / service providers and Third-Party Websites may have their own privacy policies governing the storage and retention of your Personal Information that you may be subject to. They may also collect information that is not Personal Information such as your IP address, browser specification, or operating system.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED AND DISCLOSED
We may use the information, including the Personal Information we hold about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- In aggregate form, for internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing our strategic and marketing plans;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out any contracts that may form between us;
- To respond to any queries you make; and
- To notify you about changes to our Website and Goods offering.
- We may use information provided by you to:
- enforce our Terms, monitor user activity, such as keyword searches or new postings, and more effectively manage traffic on the Website;
- provide customer services, create and manage user accounts; and
- assist you with technical difficulties. Also, we may share with third-party service providers certain information, such as your browser capabilities or operating system, that we have collected in order to better understand which advertisements and services may interest you.
- We may block users located in certain countries from using the Website. We may retain such information for as long as is required to fulfill our business objective, even after your account is terminated.
- We may use the information, including the Personal Information we hold about you in the following ways:
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You are a valued customer, and we recognize that protecting your privacy is important to you. For this reason, we will take reasonable steps and are committed to protecting the Personal Information you provide in a variety of ways. Card transactions will be acquired for Rustiq by PayGate (Pty) Ltd, which is an approved payment gateway for South African acquiring banks and which, as a third party payment service provider / processor that facilitates payment, maintains Payment Card Industry ("PCI") compliance and securely stores, processes and transmits card data in accordance with the PCI compliance standard. Secured Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology is used by PayGate for processing payment transactions initiated through the Website. We do not directly process any payments and do not store your credit card information on the Website. Your details will be stored by us separately from your credit card details which you enter into on PayGate's secure site. To view the security certificate and security policy of PayGate please go to www.paygate.co.za.
- The Personal Information you have submitted when you registered on the Website may be protected by a unique customer password and user ID. You should not disclose your password information to anyone and you should always remember to log off if using a shared computer.
- You may utilize the Website as an anonymous user by not registering. We have taken certain security precautions in safeguarding your Personal Information. However, as with most electronic transactions, no method is 100% safe. While we strive to use a commercially acceptable means to protect the Personal Information you provide, we cannot guarantee its security. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that we assume no liability regarding the theft, loss, alteration or misuse of personal or other information or Content, including, without limitation, such information that has been provided to third parties or other users, or with regards to the failure of a third party to abide by the agreement between us and such third party.
- You may participate in our "Blog" or utilize our "Comments" feature on the Website. For postings to the Blog, your username or chosen identifier will be posted. For postings using the Comments feature, your name and email will only be posted if you provide it in the comment. We strongly discourage posting any information on these features or in any Content posted by you that you do not want others to see.
- You agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and all uses of your account, whether or not you have authorized such use.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
- You may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to Personal Information that you have provided to us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We may send you any legally required notifications and certain notifications, including but not limited to, service related notices or notices regarding a change to any of our policies. For example, we may send you a notice regarding server problems or scheduled maintenance to the Website. You can opt out of certain e-mail communications from us, including our newsletters and advice on buying and selling on the Website.
- We will not change your preferences without your consent. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional communications from us related to your account.
- On rare occasions, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information due to legal or regulatory requirements. In such instances, we reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as required in order to comply with our legal obligations, including but not limited to complying with court orders, warrants, subpoenas, service of process requirements or discovery requests.
- If substantially all of our assets are sold or merged into another company, we will notify you of the transaction. The acquiring company shall be given access to your Personal Information without your consent. If we sell only a part of our business, the acquiring entity shall have access to your Personal Information without your consent and we may send you a notice regarding this sale.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
HOW TO CONTACT US